The purpose of the Community Protection Program (CPP) is to protect children, youth, and endangered adults from abuse. Rooted in written policy, and under the oversight of Session (DPC governing body), essential tenets of the CPP include:
- Compliance with state and federal laws regarding abuse protection
- State and federal clearances for staff and volunteers, repeated every 5 years
- Standards of Conduct, as well as Best Practices specific to each area of ministry
- Mandatory reporting of abuse or suspected abuse to state authorities
- Ongoing training of staff and volunteers on abuse awareness, as well as their responsibilities under the CPP
As a volunteer, you are a vital part of DPC’s ministry to nurture young people in faith.
The Community Protection Program (CPP) program, approved by Session, has taken place of the former Good Shepherd Program.
To summarize, the following steps will be needed:
- Completing an application, signing forms, and attending a training session (offered on the second Sunday of each month)
- PA Childline Clearance, completed online at no cost
- PA State Police Clearance, completed online at no cost
- Only for persons who have lived in PA less than 10 consecutive years: FBI Clearance, which requires online application and fingerprinting at a local facility. Cost is $25.75 - there is scholarship money available if this would present a financial hardship.
First, register through the Department of Public Welfare. Begin at https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpw.htm. Click “Register Online”. Fill out application (put “Childcare Employee” as the reason) and follow the directions as stated. You will be issued a receipt with “Registration ID #”. PRINT THIS OUT AND KEEP FOR NEXT STEP, FINGERPRINTING.
Bring the form with you when you visit the fingerprinting facility. Once your fingerprints are made, it will take a week or more to obtain the FBI clearance by mail.
Where to Get Fingerprinted
The closest walk-in fingerprinting facility is:
The UPS Store of Doylestown
73 Old Dublin Pike, Suite 10 (Weis Market Shopping Center)
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
The Bucks County Intermediate Unit in Doylestown can also make fingerprints. This requires an appointment which can be set up at www.bucksiu.org – click on “Fingerprinting”. On the far right side of the page is an orange tab that says “Book Now”. Click on this to schedule your appointment.
For more locations, click on “print site locations” on the https://www.pa.cogentid.com website, where you registered.
We have prepared detailed instructions to guide you through the process. (See below) Also, computer equipment and assistance are available, should you need these. If you have already obtained clearances for work at another organization, a photocopy will be accepted.
To get started, click on the link for the application. Again, we are so appreciative for your faithful commitment to the children and youth of DPC!
CLICK HERE for Application Instructions
CLICK HERE forApplication