- Coping with a terminal illness or caring for a family member with a terminal illness
- Unemployed or in a job crisis
- Disabled or caring for an ill or disabled family member
- Grieving the death of a loved one
- Financial difficulties
- New to the congregation or the community
- Anticipating the birth or adoption of a child
- Homebound or institutionalized
- Transitioning into retirement
- Dealing with the challenges of aging
- Facing a life transition
- Hospitalized or recovering from hospitalization
- Experiencing a spiritual crisis
- Victim of a disaster or accident
- Anyone facing other challenges who will benefit from the care of a supportive Christian friend – for a long or a short period of time.
What Is a Stephen Minister?
A Stephen Minister is ...
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person;
- A caring Christian who really listens;
- A member of our congregation who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care;
- A person of your gender who is ready to focus on your needs;
- A trustworthy confidant who will keep everything you say – and even your identity – confidential; and
- Someone who will faithfully meet with you on a weekly basis for as long as your need persists.
A Stephen Minister is NOT...
A counselor or therapist;
Someone who runs errands or helps with chores; or a casual visitor.
Our Stephen Ministers are ready to provide you with the confidential, one-to-one Christian care you need to make it through a crisis or help you
through a difficult time.
Is life more than you can handle alone right now?
Are you adjusting to a new job, a change in marital status, a serious illness, the death of a loved one, a recent move – or just experiencing a lonely or difficult time in your life?
Could you benefit from having someone who would listen and care and walk with you through this time?
There is No Need to Struggle Alone!
Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen, to share God's love with you can help
get through the confusion, stress, or loneliness you may be experiencing. God does not intend for us to struggle alone.
Consider allowing a Stephen Minister to walk with you on your journey to wholeness.
Are you in need...
Of a caring Christian who will listen, empathize, encourage, pray, provide confidential care and patiently support you as you work through a crisis or difficult time?
Do you know someone...
Perhaps a friend, neighbor, coworker, colleague, or relative, who could benefit from this type of care?
Do you want to be a Stephens Minister...
This engaging ministry is available to church members who are willing to attand a 50-hour class over approximately four months. A new clas will begin in winter 2016. Pastor Keith and Pastor Thomas from St. Paul's Lutheran Church will be leading the class.
Then contact ... One of our pastors or one of our Stephen leaders, Dot Fabian or Ed Geiger.