DPC Cares is a Deacons' Ministry that reminds our church family that we care and we want to hear from you if you have a need.
Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. ~Galatians 6:2
DPC Cares is Expanding!
DPC Cares is expanding! The Home Help Corps is being formed as an extension of DPC Cares, working directly with the Deacons. We need YOUR help in providing help to members who are experiencing difficulty with tasks at home, errands, or transportation to appointments – whether because of age or health. Here are some examples of what you may be asked to help with. The volunteer form (link below) will give you a chance to indicate your preferences (and jobs you’d rather NOT do):
- Yardwork (weeding, planting, yard cleanup)
- Light cleaning (vacuuming, dusting, floors washed, bedclothes changed)
- Seasonal work (installation of screens and storm windows/doors, porches washed, outdoor furniture set up/taken in, furnace/AC filter replacement)
- Simple home maintenance (hanging curtains and rods, picture hanging, changing ceiling lightbulbs and smoke alarm batteries)
- Interior painting (no ladders)
- Tech troubleshooting, set up
- Transportation to appointments (minimum 2-day lead time)
- Errands (grocery store, laundromat, etc., no banking or pharmacy pickups)
- Help with downsizing (one day)
PLEASE, CLICK HERE to volunteer! You will be placed on our Sign-up Genius list and contacted according to your work preferences (Don’t like to paint? No problem!)
We hope to build a strong member volunteer base throughout February and begin to offer services to members sometime in March.
THANK YOU for prayerfully considering this way of helping fellow members!
Program and Volunteer Coordinator
Home Help Corps