The nursery uses an electronic check‐in system which not only ensures the security of DPC’s children, but also enables caregivers to contact parents if the need should arise and makes important information, such as allergies, immediately available.
When you drop your child off at the nursery, you will be asked to provide some very basic information and you will be given a “Guardian Receipt.” This receipt will display a short alpha‐numeric code that will match a nametag that is printed for your child. When you come to pick up your child, a nursery worker will confirm that the code on your receipt matches your child’s nametag. If a different adult will be signing your child out of the nursery, please notify a nursery worker at sign‐in.
You can visit www.kidcheck.com to update your child(ren)’s and your information at any time.
We understand that some young children may require a snack while in the nursery. Due to food allergies, we will not serve any child food that his or her parent has not provided. If you choose to bring a snack for your child, please be sure that the snack is nut free and does not pose a choking hazard (e.g., popcorn, raisins). All children will be asked to eat their snacks at our designated snack table, monitored by a nursery volunteer. If you have an older toddler, please remind them that they should not share snacks with other children.
For the safety and well‐being of all children, staff, and volunteers, NO sick children will be admitted to the nursery. We ask that you keep your child at home if he or she has any of the following:
- A fever greater than 101°
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing
- Heavy nasal discharge indicative of infection
- Contagious rash or infected skin patches
- Contagious disease such as Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye), Chicken Pox, Measles, Mumps, Impetigo
If your child is being treated with antibiotics for a sore throat, ear infection, or any other contagious illness, he or she must be on the medication for at least 24 hours before coming to the nursery.
If your child has a continuously clear runny nose or rash that is not contagious, please let us know. We realize some children have allergies and that some symptoms of illness hang on long after the child is no longer contagious.
Suggested Diaper Bag Contents:
- Extra diapers (disposable are preferred) as needed
- Change of clothes
- Pacifier as needed
- One or two bottles or a sippy cup as needed
- Your child’s favorite blanket
- Please put your child’s name on everything – bottles, cups, jackets, diaper bags, etc. (an extra nametag can be printed upon request for your diaper bag)
What NOT to Bring:
- Medicine of any kind. If your child needs medication, it MUST be administered by a parent.
- Personal toys
- Any snack containing nuts